Monday, May 21, 2012

Tri-ing in 2012

This past weekend marked the beginning of race season for us.  The Galena Tri has been Ryan's first race of the year for 4 or 5 years running now.  It's one of my favorite to watch for lots of reasons, but the one that takes the cake is the fact that we get to eat at Vinny's for lunch after the race :O)  It's one of my favorite restaurants, so much so that we went there for my Senior Prom and for my Bachelorette party. 

Aside from Vinny's (can you tell there's a pregnant lady writing this post?), we had a great weekend for a race.  It might have been a little warm for Ryan's taste (in the mid 80's) but if you ask me the weather was perfect.  It was sunny and so nice to be outside cheering for my hubby!


Yep, pretty sure you can see that baby bump now (we hadn't eaten at Vinny's yet for those jokesters out there...).    I'm 25 weeks now with just 15 weeks to go.  Come on August!  It's hard not to wish the time away, but I'm trying hard to remember to enjoy the moment.

Back to the race details...the race is a 660 yard swim, a 16.8 mile bike and a 4.3 mile run.  Ryan was pretty happy with his time, especially since he hasn't been able to put in as much training time as he'd have liked (stupid work!).  Ryan finished the race in 1 hour 44 minutes and placed 156 out of 674. 

After the race we me the Wares in Galena and were suprised when Joey and Andy met us as well.  Joey is due in just about a week from now so she's about ready to pop.  I also got to see Kristina and Connor on Saturday afternoon (he's getting SO big), but of course I didn't think to take any pics, sorry!

It was a great weekend with great weather to get us started for summer.  Next weekend is Memorial Day and we are headed to Koontz lake.  Fingers crossed that we draw same "amazing weather" card for next weekend too.

No comments:

Post a Comment