Wednesday, August 21, 2024

First Day of School

 


I say it every year - and I mean it every year.  I can't believe the summer is over.  I can't believe it's back to school today.  And mostly, I can't believe I have a 7th and 4th grader.  


I loved this summer - the combo of the kids being pretty self-sufficient and having Sammi here for the summer to play with the kids - I feel like I finally found the right combo for us.  The kids enjoyed being home and not at camp all day, and I loved the whole vibe of "less" this summer.  We found the perfect groove and I'm sad to see it end...but I'm also looking forward to getting back into a routine and fall is just around the corner!


We somehow missed the bus today for the first time EVER!  (I truly believe the driver didn't even go down our street somehow)...but luckily I was home to deliver the kids to school this morning.  The kids thought it was a very entertaining way to start their first day back.  Hazel said "I've never been driven to school before".  She must have forgotten about that entire COVID year where I drove them to school every. single. day.  LOL!


Here's to not missing the bus tomorrow and a year full of friends, new memories, and very little homework (I hope!).




No comments:

Post a Comment