Sunday, October 29, 2023

Halloween Prep

 


Sometimes the one day the holiday actually occurs on, just isn't quite enough to thoroughly celebrate and so, we pack the fun into the days prior.  The same is true for Halloween.  We've been doing pumpkin hunts (plastic pumpkins stuffed like Easter Eggs) for a long long time.  Since a Halloween when I was stuck traveling and wasn't going to be around for trick or treating.  It's a tradition the kids request each year and we've always figured out a way to make it work.


This year we decided to do pumpkin carving and a scavenger hunt around Jamie's neighborhood to really round out the fun.  Add in matching holiday pj's and you've got my favorite kind of party!




I bet I haven't carved a pumpkin in more than a few years.  It always feels like a bigger job than it really is and I'm usually happy to just help the kids do theirs.  But Ryan insisted we needed 4 to make the porch look even, and Jamie did the hard work of scooping this one out for me...so I carved one too.  



No comments:

Post a Comment