Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Random things in February


January and February are always strange months for us.  They are slower months, we have less weekends planned away and we spend more time at home just the four of us.  But, somehow they are also always busy too?  

Instead of doing a full blog post for each of the random weekends we spend at home, I'm doing one big Feb roundup here instead.


In Feb we baked cookies - who's surprised by that?  Erin and I love planning what we'll make and the kids love giving them to their teachers.  And, who am I kidding?  I love eating a cookie with my coffee in the morning.  It's not so helpful on the diet front, but life's short.


Also in February, we added a new member to the family - her name is Ash.  When Olive died right after Thanksgiving Abby wasn't quite ready to bring a new hamster into her life so we waited and I told her we could get one if and when she was ready.  It took a few months and a lot of talking about it, but here is Ash - she's very very sweet.  Who knew I'd love hamsters?!  I mean...truly.  I really really do like them.




Also in February, a date day with Ryan brought to us by President's Day weekend and a sleepover at Auntie's house and an extra day off school/work.

(Thermal camera at the Adler Planetarium)

The kids had a sleepover with Erin on Sunday night and then Monday we trekked down to the Planetarium to explore that museum that none of us had ever been to before.  We ended the day with lunch at Parson's Chicken and Fish (so good!).  All in all, it was a fun day and a great way to top off the long weekend.  


No comments:

Post a Comment