Saturday, December 31, 2022

New Years Eve


We decided to repeat our COVID era New Years parties but change up the theme this year from Supper Club to 50's!  The group was the same; us, Erin/Nate, Dan, and Chris and Ro - but, sadly, Chris ended up with COVID on New Years Eve morning so our group shrunk and we lost the one kid the kids had to play with - wah wah wah!  


We opted for 50's themed appetizers instead of a full on meal.  We had deviled eggs, homemade Chex mix, mini-tea sandwiches, a cheese ball (which was SO SO good and I think I might have to repeat again soon), a charcuterie board (maybe that's not so 50's)....cheese fondue, Jello jigglers and of course a delicious punch!



EVERYONE wore costumes, the kids included.  I mean...how cute are they!?  It was super fun to get all dressed up (though I wish my pants were one size bigger - lol!).  The kids loved being part of the action with their cute little poodle skirts (thanks for the idea Jamie).  I'm angling to do 50's theme for Halloween next year :)






Without other kids to play with our kids were pretty bored of the whole evening by about 8pm.  In my defense, I didn't have any activities planned for them because I assumed they'd have Ro to play with.  So, when the wheels started to come off we pulled out the paper lanterns and spent some time writing down or goals and aspirations for 2023.  



I love the kid's lanterns so so much!  There are some real gems in there if you can read the tiny print.  Of course Haze's featured a bunny.  


We sent our lanterns off into the night - for next time, remember to just use the wood torch (the lighter took forever).  We had the kids in bed by 9:30, around the time the adults decided we needed one more round of food and Erin and I whipped up the homemade fondue.  Why not!?

We're proud to say that we all made it to mid-night!  Though, I think I was in bed by 12:30 at the latest.  While I've been loving our low key parties for the past few years, I think next year I'm ready to do something different....maybe a lake New Years again with all the cousins?  Maybe plans to go out out?  I guess we have a year to figure it out - and shoot....maybe I'll decide soft clothes are better than party clothes and change my tune by then.  HA!


2022 - you were a great year overall.  Lots and lots of travel and lots of memories.  Lots of time with the people we love the most.  Lots of goals achieved and we have lots of dreams for the year ahead.  

No comments:

Post a Comment