Sunday, August 14, 2022

Abby's Birthday Party

 


Another summer birthday party is officially in the books and it was a good one!  It was a little cooler than some of our past parties but that didn't slow these kids down, especially the birthday girl turned mermaid for the day.  Just after Hazel's party Abby started a list of things she wanted to ask for (which was very helpful I must say!).  This mermaid tail was on the top of the list and it's gotten some pretty good use over the weeks since her party.


Abby requested "Angel food cake with white frosting on the sides" which I was SURE she didn't know what she was asking for.  She claims I made it for the lake one time, which, I have exactly zero memory of.  So, after showing her a few pictures and asking quite a few times if sue was sure that's what she wanted, I pulled the trigger and bought a box mix (with cupcakes to fill out the dessert portion of the night) and figured if she didn't like it at least the adults would eat it!  I whipped up some berries in goog-gum (it's not a real word....it means berries with sugar on them) and pulled out a can of Redi-whip and called it a day!  Turns out, this cake was a huge hit!  I think everyone expected that I'd made it from scratch since Erin busted out a pretty fancy homemade cake for Hazel's birthday.  I took all the compliments but owned up to the fact that it was a box mix.  


The kids are obsessed with the idea of having pinatas at their party - its easy enough to oblige so we do.  Heck - it's a great way for me to use up all the old Halloween candy from last year in prep for the next batch we'll get in a few months!


And, what's a McGrath birthday without a chaotic ranger ride for all the children!?  Ryan and Brian entertained the entire group of kids for quite a while driving them around the back yard.  I'd call it a successful birthday party if I've ever seen one!






No comments:

Post a Comment