Wednesday, March 31, 2021

All the Easter Activities

 


Well, before Easter comes and goes I figured I better get this blog post posted to share all the things we've been doing around here to get excited about the holiday!  If you're wondering, yep....we were back at it with sugar cookies!  And guys, I think we've finally mastered it.  We figured out the food coloring that works best, the best piping bags, the right sized cookie cutters, the best number of dough and frosting batches to make.  We've nailed it and now we're pros!


I think these are my favorites of all the cookies we've made over the last 6 months or so.  The cutters were adorable.  The frosting came out great and probably best of all, we had the perfect amount of cookies to not be exhausted at the end of decorating.  We had enough to share and eat and we didn't toss a single one. 


Honestly, we made these a few weeks ago and they are long gone and I'm wishing we had another batch on the calendar for sometime soon because I could eat at least 3 right now!



OMG!  Aren't they darling!?!  I think we could go into business.  Erin?  You up for that?




We didn't stop with just cookies though.  Last weekend we mixed up a batch of Bunny Bait.  A great recipe that a work friend told me about last year during quarantine that will forever and for always be a tradition in our house now.  Google it, I think everyone needs a batch in their life!


And of course, we dyed Easter eggs.  Well, to be fair, Erin did most of the activity solo with the kids.  Ryan and I were working on cutting some dead trees in the back yard (springtime in the McGrath house...).   There is something about dyed eggs that just makes me so happy.  I mean, why don't we dye them all year long?  When you crack open the crate of hard boiled eggs and see bright happy colors shining back at you, it's hard to not smile.  



Easter is just a few short days away - it'll be here and gone before we know it.  But, that just means we get to start planning the next holiday activities, which, is SUMMER.  We sure can't wait for warmer weather and more outdoor fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment