Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Hazel's 4th Birthday Party


I can hardly believe that my little tiny Hazel is a four year old!!  And maybe it's just something about second kids...or maybe it's just Hazel, but this little girl sure is in a hurry to grow up!  As soon as we told her she should start saying she's four when people ask "how old are you" she immediately started answering "I'm six".  This kid!  She went from "I'm free and a half" to "I'm six" in just one day!


Hazel's birthday is on June 29th meaning it's so close to the 4th of July that we are often gone vacationing when it's her birthday.  We did a big first birthday party for her but her second birthday we were Up North and her third we were at KL so....this year it was time to do it up big and throw this sweet little girl a real summer birthday party of her own!


Every birthday since Abby turned one, Ellyn had a custom cupcake made for the girls from a bakery in Geneva.  Erin and Dan now carry on the tradition and it's honestly one of my favorite parts about the kids birthdays.  We always talk about some ideas for the cupcakes but I'm always just as surprised as the kids are when I finally see them.  This year Hazel had this sweet unicorn cupcake with a special candle and purple frosting (because purple is her favorite color, of course). 



We've been SO lucky with weather every time we've thrown one of this summer birthday parties.  I'm sure I've jinxed it for the next one, but somehow we always get sunny, albeit HOT, days that are perfect for the pool, perfect for outdoor activities (like the bounce house) and perfect for celebrating our little girls!










Thank yo to everyone who made the drive out to help celebrate our sweet little Hazel Frances.  She's still talking about her special day and how much fun she had and how special she felt.  She (and we!) felt the love that day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment