Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Carving Pumpkins


With much anticipation, Halloween is finally here - the magical day of candy, candy and MORE candy!!  We'll be dressing up (yes, somehow I'm dressing up too this year) and going Trick or Treating later today, but for now, I thought I'd share a post with pumpkin carving to get everyone into the mood.


Grandpa came over to help out, which was great because Abby decided she really wanted nothing to do with the process outside of giving directions, pointing and drawing her face one.  Grandpa did basically all the other steps.  Next year girl, you're up!


Fran didn't quite understand the concept of drawing her face on the pumpkin so after she scribbled on it for a few minutes I pulled up some cute ideas on my phone, and we settled on this cute kitty pumpkin.



Ryan opted for the "spooky" pumpkin face and Abby did draw her own, though, as I said, she conned Grandpa into doing all the work.





Ryan has already made me promise that next year I'll carve one too so we have a family of pumpkins.


Pumpkin pictures in the dark were hard!  The shutter speed did NOT like the dark lighting, but I did get one decent one.  Not bad!!  They actually look pretty good.  We'll light them up tonight and hope they are still glowing when we get home from Trick or Treating! 


No comments:

Post a Comment