Thursday, April 21, 2016

Just some more Hazel pictures and reflections on why I blog....


Guys, I'm finally caught up on the blog!  Just in time to start working on the formatting and printing of 2015's book.  I love getting those books in the mail when they are finally complete.  By then I've spent nearly a year and a half working on taking pictures, writing stories and posting...then formatting the book and finally sending it off to print.  Now that we've got 5 books to look back through and enjoy, I remember all over again how much I love the end product of this blog.


While I read others blogs nearly every day and watch how they turn words into businesses that support their families, I've come to realize that that's just not what I use this blog for...its a memory book for me.  A keeper of photographs, stories and memories that I will pass on to these two little girls when they grow older.

A few days ago when I was cleaning out the hall closet I pulled out the old books and put them on the floor for Abby to look through.  She loved seeing pictures of herself as a baby and loved looking through the pictures to find the friends and family she knows.  Someday she'll be able to read the stories that go with the pictures and will read all about the adventures she went on when she was younger.  I can't wait for that day!

So, for now I leave you with a few pictures of Hazel.  She is the happiest, smiley-est 9 month old baby.  She's been sleeping through the night now since about 6 months and we are all happier for it.  She's probably just a few weeks away from walking.  She's pushing the walker around the house pretty well these days and is so proud of herself when she makes it from one end of the kitchen to the other.  They change so quickly these little people.  I want to remember every single moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment