Thursday, February 25, 2016

Game Night


Winter....blah!  Abby's been asking us for weeks now to play on her bike, or swing set, or go for walks...anything to get out of the house.  I feel ya girl, I do.  But, we're still a few months away from spring/summer weather and that means we're often cooped up in the house.  Weekends are better, we have time to get outside while the sun is still out, but weeknights, we get home, do dinner, watch a show or two to settle down and then it's off to bed.  The days are so short, and it's so cold that we've all been feeling like we need spring!


Anyways, what does all that complaining about winter have to do with this post?  Well, one random evening Ryan asked me if we had any games to play with Abby and I said I'd pick some up.  I wasn't sure if she was ready for a real board game yet.  You know, turns, winning/losing, a path with a direction....I wasn't sure if she would get it.  But she did!  Candyland was a huge success.

She won the first tame....I lost, big time!  Of course, after that she thought she was ALWAYS supposed to win and would try swapping her piece for whoever was in first.  She's a smart kid....and the first born so she's used to getting her way I guess.  That night she and Ryan probably played 5 games and had a great time doing it.  Which, reminds me, maybe I'll break out this game again tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment