The best part of these book roundups is that they keep me accountable!! I have a real hoarding problem when it comes to books. I want to read. all. the. books. So I end up making lists and lists of to-reads and don't always get around to actually reading them. There is no end to the list of books I want to read, but these roundups keep me focused and I can look back at them and remember the books I once fell in love with. Here's what's I've been up to and where I'm going this summer:
2. Land of Love and Drowning: Another one from the "list" I was just referring to....
3. The Goldfinch: Another one that I picked from the list to tackle this summer.
4. The Husband's Secret: By the same author as Big Little Lies, I've heard great things so I'm adding it to the list. Big Little Lies was on my last Kindle list and I finally got around to reading it over Memorial Day weekend. I enjoyed Big Little Lies and would recommend it to others. It was a quick and easy read and while I could sort of guess where the ending was going it wasn't until I'd finished it that it all finally came together. Somewhat predictable...but don't be surprised to find a twist or two that you didn't expect. I'm hoping this second book by Liane doesn't disappoint.
5. Leaving Time: It's been a LONG time since I picked up a Jodi Picoult book. I loved her for probably two years straight back during the My Sister's Keeper book/movie. But, her style is very predictable and I just needed a break. This was a great one and I'm so glad I gave it a chance. If you've taken a break from her like me, maybe give this one a try. It's a good one.
6. All the Light We Cannot See: This one has recently started popping up on my social media feeds. Once I see a book on a few peoples lists I consider adding it to my own. Two of my favorite people to get book recommendations from are currently reading this one...so on the list it goes!!! This might be the next one I pick up after Boy, Snow, Bird.
7. The Rosie Project: Mom suggested this one to me and I really enjoyed it. A quick read about a guy who likely has Aspergers. It's cute and an easy beach read though I found the ending a bit abrupt, I'd recommend this one to others.
8. The Rosie Effect: The sequel to The Rosie Project. I figured as long as I was at it, I might as add the followup! I haven't started this one yet. I usually need a break for the characters before diving back in. I expect good things from this one though.
9. The Lifeboat: The final book from the "list" I linked to earlier that I chose to read. I was surprised how few books I'd heard of when I read through that list so I read the synopsis and reviews on them all and added these 4 to my "to read" list.
What books have you loved lately? Anything I should add to my list?? I love a good book recommendation so feel free to comment below!!