Friday, April 20, 2012

April Showers bring May...Babies??

Yep, you guessed it.  I had another baby shower this past weekend.  But, this wasn't just any baby shower.  It was a shower for my little niece!  Joey and Andy's little baby girl is due May 25th (just a few days shy of Memorial Day weekend). 

Mom and I planned a great shower for her (if I do say so myself) and I wanted to share a few of the pictures with you.  There were 20 lovely ladies there to celebrate with us and we had a great time.  A few drove a LONG way to be there too.  Tom and Carolyn came all the way from Minneapolis,  my cousin Lydia and Charlie all the way from Rheinlander, WI, and Aunt Peggy from Milwaukee.  It was so great to see everyone, especially those we don't see so often. 


Check out our pretty tables!  The theme was "About to Hatch" so there were definitely a few chicks and eggs around.  We had the little pink trees with chicks in them, along with hard boiled eggs died pretty baby colors along with party favors of egg timers for everyone to take home with them.


That's a pretty little baby sweater that I knit for Kayden (more on my most recent knitting projects in another post). It turned out super cute and I"m making one for our little one as well. 


Mom made this pretty quilt for Kayden and Lydia helped!  I sadly don't have a picture of the beautiful blanket that Marsha crocheted for Joey.  She had some washing machine issues but stopped by later to drop it off and it was absolutely beautiful!! 


Check out my pretty sister and all those gifts!!


And I couldn't resist adding a picture of the cutest baby cake ever!!  Mom got a baker in Freeport to make this pretty little cake and it was just as yummy as it looked.

And with all that sugar, I'm going to go ahead and close for now.  Happy Shower Joey and Kayden.  Can't wait to finally meet you!!


No comments:

Post a Comment