Thursday, July 30, 2026

Hazel gets braces!!



It's been no more than 6 months since Abby got her braces off and I celebrated that we no longer needed monthly trips to the orthodontist, but I really should know better!  Hazel is getting braces slightly earlier than Abby did and will likely need them for slightly longer than she did, but we've officially started this process and I think she'll have them off before she starts 8th grade.

Dr. Darmon said that Hazel likely will need to get 4 teeth extracted (she's not pleased) because the adult teeth aren't correctly aligned to the baby teeth to push them out.  And, she'll need braces for longer than Abby did but we managed to avoid the expander which Hazel was most worried about.  Hazel's mouth is a little too tiny for her big giant adult teeth...so we've got some work to do, but the process is moving along and like most things, this will go by in the blink of an eye.


Haze choose pink and purple for her first rubber bands.  It took about 3 days before she was eating normally and had gotten use to the whole thing.  I'd told her that there was an Orthodontist Rule that said "by day 3 it's back to normal life".  LOLOL!  We'll see if that comes back to haunt me, or if it becomes family lore that gets repeated for generations.  One can really never be sure!

And, just like that, Hazel is becoming less and less a little kid and more and more like a teenager.  We aren't there yet, but...before I know it....

No comments:

Post a Comment