Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Birthday Boy!!

Well, tomorrow morning it will be official....my hubby will no longer be in his 20's!  Ek...I'm not far behind, but I will continue to claim my 20's for another full year and 4 months so "nah, nah, na, boo boo!!" :O)

This past weekend we celebrated Ryan's 30th birthday with friends and family alike.  On Saturday afternoon we had a little shindig for him at the Fox and Hound in Aurora.  We had a few snacks for everyone, and it was really great to see everyone, especially since it's so close to the holidays.  We know everyone is super busy right now, and we really appreciated the effort you made to be there to celebrate with Ryan. 




Even my Mom and Dad came out for the celebration. Check out my mommy's new bangs!  Aren't they cute. I'm so glad she did it!!


Ryan commented later in the evening how humbling it was to have everyone stop in the middle of the crazy holiday season to spend some time with him on his Birthday.  He got some great gifts, but was honored to see everyone there to celebrate with him.

Check out some pictures of the cake I made.  It was a total pain in the butt, but totally worth it!!


But, I have to confess.  As cool as the outside was, the inside was where all the glory was at:



Gosh, talk about a crappy picture!  Both shots I've got are blurry like that.  Oh well, you get the idea right?  It looks like caution tape on the inside.  It turned out pretty good, but it sure was a pain to make.  Let me know if you want a tutorial.


All in all, it was a pretty great day!  Thanks to everyone for coming out and making the day special for Ryan. 

And what that, no birthday post would be complete with out the "birthday song" video:

No comments:

Post a Comment